Farmers and livestock owners face several risks that could undermine their ability to run their operations. Specialized livestock and animal mortality insurance help those who own horses, poultry, cattle, service dogs, cows, lambs, goats, sheep and hogs protect their financial investment in high-value animals.
At Heritage Agency in Herman, Missouri, our agents understand how important it is to have adequate coverage for your animals. Whether you have a traditional farm with livestock or run a specialty business, we'll help you determine which types of livestock insurance may benefit your organization.
What Is Livestock Insurance?
Livestock insurance provides animal owners with coverage to help pay for damages when the unexpected happens. Whether in transit or at a farm or ranch, your animals represent a significant financial investment.
A livestock insurance policy is customized to meet your needs. While there are limits on policies, you'll choose between two main types of coverage:
· Scheduled livestock coverage. This policy provides coverage for certain animals identified by the property owner. Each animal has a specific amount of insurance assigned to provide customizable coverage based on the policy owner’s budget and needs. This insurance may be ideal for higher-value animals.
· Unscheduled (blanket) livestock coverage. This policy insures all farm property under a single policy limit. When the property owner covers their farm property up to its total value, this policy includes a coverage cushion if its value fluctuates or the insured person adds property.
What Does Livestock and Cattle Insurance Cover?
With livestock insurance, your financial investment in your animals is covered for several losses:
· Natural disasters
· Weather events causing damage to your livestock
· Collision while in transit
· Crimes and civil unrest
· Natural disasters
What Type of Livestock Insurance Is Available?
Depending on the type and size of operation, certain types of livestock insurance may be a good fit for your needs.
Common livestock solutions include:
· Horse insurance
· Higher-value animal insurance
· Livestock transit insurance
· Feedlot, pasture and dairy cattle insurance
· Swine insurance
· Livestock auction market or packer insurance
· Poultry insurance
· Hatchery insurance
· Livestock ocean marine transit insurance
Farm and Livestock Endorsements
If you insure animals individually, your policy may include specific limits for each animal. Depending on your situation, your agent may recommend additional endorsements to expand your coverage:
· Collapse of building
· Attack by wild animals or dogs
· Accidental shooting
Get a Quote for Livestock Insurance
Your animals are an essential part of your operation and having adequate insurance is vital to the financial health of your farm or ranch.
Contact Heritage Agency today to discuss your livestock insurance options and get a personalized quote.